IDOE is allowing schools to request a review and possible correction to their EL counts from the 2021-2022 school year to allow for a review of any possible discrepancies due to the new system implementation. Public corporation EL counts can be found here, and non-public EL counts can be found here. Submit this request for a review by Friday, October 28. At that time, the following will occur:
- IDOE reviews the EL count request submission.
- IDOE’s data team will share a secure file link via email with individuals who submitted the form. Data will indicate students who were and were not included in last year’s EL reporting. Directions will be provided on how to indicate and return data corrections to IDOE securely.
- Schools review, correct, and resubmit data to IDOE by Friday, November 11.
- IDOE reviews and verifies revised EL counts.
- Updated 2021-2022 EL Counts are posted to IDOE’s English Learning and Migrant Education webpage.
Contact IDOE’s Office of English Learning and Migrant Education with any questions.